Sunday, May 22, 2011

Movin' on up!

Look what we took down this past week! For as much as I feel like we've been in the baby stage forever, I can't believe that after ten solid years of use, this thing will no longer take residence in our house. If I thought about it too long, I might get a little emotional. That is, until I remember the schemes of this little daredevil.

She and Trey, my two little climbers... up, over, and right on out of the crib. It only took one time to shake Trey up. Tess on the other hand... oh dear. It takes a whole lot to sidetrack this girl. I haven't had to get her out of her crib for the last month and a half. Spunky, that kid.

So the new big girl bed is working out quite nicely, and she's even slept past six a.m. a couple of times in the last few days. That alone is a miracle, and worth the switch, if you can credit it to that. The first night she slept in her new bed, I listened to her sing herself to sleep through the monitor. It was soft, sweet, and purposefully tender and melodic, and it went a little something like this:

"I like you new bed... you look like Jack's bed.... you're so pretty and cute... I no climb out.... my momma 'pank my bucket... I love you new bed...."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very cute song :)

Jason and Sarah said...

Oh my WORD- I am laughing OUT loud, Whitney. Seriously, sitting here while I should be grading at 10:36pm, laughing out loud at Tessie's song. That is the funniest thing I have heard in a long time. Seriously- though, do you know how hard it is to get someone to laugh out loud while they are alone in a room? Wow. So funny. Thanks for making my night.