Monday, August 15, 2011

School love...

Here's to the start of the new school year tomorrow. To prepare, we cleaned out old backpacks last week. Aahhhh. That little exercise alone was a good reminder of how very different our boys are. Jack's backpack was tidy and straightforward. Papers were tucked away neatly in folders, and only the necessities were allowed. Trey's pack, on the other hand, contained leftover school supplies crammed in every which way, random wrinkled up papers, a dozen Matchbox cars, old gum wrappers, rocks, sticks, and trash galore. What's even more bizarre is that they're both straight "A" students. And best friends.

Who would've thought.

Anyway, I ran across this folder in Trey's garbage pile of second grade stuff.

If any excuse will fly, buddy, it's this one...

I'm gonna miss that kid, and his brothers too. Praying for God to surround, protect and guide them into a great year!!

5 comments:

Erin Mc. said...

Whitney, this is the sweetest thing! I hope someday I can be a mom like you because I think you are awesome too - I will have lots to learn from you someday. LOVE reading your blog- inspires me :o) Erin

Erin Mc. said...

Whitney, this is the sweetest thing! I hope someday I can be a mom like you because I think you are awesome too - I will have lots to learn from you someday. LOVE reading your blog- inspires me :o)

Anonymous said...

That is just so sweet!! As I see all these back to school families get ready (and am occasionally jealous), I'm thankful to have my boys home with me for at least one more year. :)

Christian and Katrina said...

That totally makes me want to cry.

Christian and Katrina said...

That totally makes me want to cry.