Friday, February 6, 2009

Keeping your sanity, Part 2...

Weary of winter?

Idea #2: Bake with your kids!

It's rare that I make something in the kitchen without at least 2 -if not 6- extra hands! Much of the time I love this. Sometimes, though, I struggle with the desire to be more efficient (so much to be done, and the girl only naps for so long!). But for now, I'll try to not wish these days away, because soon they'll want to do something else way cooler than food prep with their mom. The bread machine started off on the counter, I promise, but I soon found a two year old trying to climb up the cabinets to watch while it was kneading. Now I just start the cycle on the floor every time. Gotta get practical with a monkey in the house.

Our favorite is Honey Wheat Bread with almonds! Mmm... there's nothing like warm bread on a cold day...

1 comment:

panana said...

Looks like from here, everyone is having way, way lots of fun. Yummy time fun.