Sunday, November 6, 2011

Well, hello there...

Do you think I can blog every day this week to catch up on the last month of our lives? Yeah, I doubt it either, but I'm going to make it a very shallow goal. Shallow being the key word. Don't hold me to it, okay? Oh, you crazy blog readers are so patient with me.

Gosh, I'm so lazy lately. Well, not lazy. At least raking a whole lot of leaves and refinancing your home doesn't feel lazy, but then again, that doesn't sound like a whole lot either, does it? There has to be something else going on in my life.

Hmm... the kids and I did just get back from a great couple of days in Cincinnati. Cory and Steph loaned me two of their boys while they were out of town, and though it was a full weekend with the one adult to six kids ratio (Tyler's weekend to work), it was so very rewarding. Ah, so much love between cousins, that I got teary-eyed a couple of times even. Wish we lived closer...

I just downloaded weeks worth of pictures, so hopefully I can get my act together and post some on here soon. Uh, like tomorrow if I keep my goal. Which isn't likely, if I'm being realistic, but you never know how crazy I'll get during nap time in between loads of laundry. Heh.

Until that happens, I have to comment on tonight's picture. I love it for so many reasons:

1. Tyler's in it, which feels like success, since he denies me sometimes. :)

2. The Daugherty boys once again pose with their Jack O' Lanterns shirtless in like forty degree weather. This is becoming quite the tradition, and we don't even have to plan it.

3. Our Jack O' Lanterns are so lame. Especially after seeing all of your crazy creative, intricate, pattern-followed designs on facebook. Seriously lame, but we were so proud of them that we could hardly stand it.

4. Chase totally cracks me up. That's his AWANA verse he's holding up, and this just gives you a glimpse of how focused he is to memorize his verse each week. I write the verse out, and he literally carries that paper around the house all week reciting it to himself. So proud of that boy.

5. Tess stands out so much surrounded by all boys in her hot pink outfit (thank goodness she DOES have a shirt on!), and is never without a baby in her arms. I look at this picture and see how far she's come in the last few months: much less aggressive and much more nurturing. Thank you, God.

The appraiser comes in the morning to finish up the last bit of the refinancing gig. Uh, are you supposed to clean your house for that?

Oops...

No comments: